Okay, so I got tagged by Matt's sister about a week ago and I'm finally getting around to doing it. The way this tag is supposed to work is you post a picture of the top 5 bands you listened to in High School, but since I couldn't even come up with one I decided to change it up a bit. Instead I am posting pictures of 5 groups or artists that have a special meaning to me. So, here it goes...
1.
Chicago 17 was the first cassette I got of my own, I must have been in the sixth grade~about eleven years old. Kim (my best friend) and I would listen to it over and over; our favorite songs included 'You're the Inspiration' and 'Hard Habit to Break'.
2.
REO Speedwagons 'We Built this City on Rock and Roll' holds a fun memory for Racquel and I. One day we were really rockin' out to it downstairs in Racquels room while dad was upstairs trying to sleep (he was on graveyards); all of a sudden he showed up in the doorway of the bedroom and said, "Have you got that city built yet?" Nothing more was said but we got the message loud and clear, that's just a small example of his fun sense of humor.3.
Who doesn't have a soft spot for Garth Brooks? He was the number one reason I started listening to Country Music, his song 'Friends in Low Places' was named our class song and sung by two good friends and amazing singers at our senior assembly. And 'The Dance' has a very special meaning to me because it was dedicated to the life of Cody's best friend Derrick at his funeral.4.

Chris LeDoux is especially important to me because he got Matt and I together. If it hadn't been for his concert and the extra ticket I had for it who knows where our life paths would have led us. I love all of his songs but the one that has the most meaning for me is 'Two in a Million' because we had it sung by a good friend for us to dance to at our wedding reception.
5.
Def Leppard takes me back to my wilder days; nothing too crazy though! I still love to put it in and crank it when I'm cleaning the house or the van; and the kids like to rock out to it right along with me.It was fun to think back on the music that has meaning in my life, I tag anyone else that wants to take on this adventure. Have fun with it!





2 comments:
What a fun tag! It's fun to think back to those high school days and other times when music has been a part of our special moments in life! Fun!
Hey Shan, I still think that Chicago 17 is the best album, ever! We spent a lot of time listening to that cassette! Some other songs that remind me of our "tween" years are: Walkin' on Sunshine (careful, don't burn your feet), Heaven by Brian Adams, and the entire Footloose soundtrack.
Post a Comment