Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Quarterly Update!!


Okay, so it's been a little over three months since my last post; so we'll just consider this our quarterly update for ya'll. If I make it back sooner, GREAT, if not, we'll make sure we at least get back to you sometime in March.
We have been on such a roller coaster ride these last six months that I wasn't sure most of the time whether we were coming or going. But, for now I'm very happy to say we are coasting in an uphill direction!! You all know how we went from our nice big home with room to spare in Saratoga, to the very cramped quarters we shared at Matt's parents home (which we are sooo grateful for, we can't even begin to express our gratitude for all that they have done and continue to do for us!!). We were constatntly running here, there, and everywhere...not really sure where we really belonged!! But, I am so happy to announce that we've finally found our place and are so happy to be in it!!
Matt, after much searching and interviewing, finally got a job which not only provides for our family better, but is more suited for him. He is thouroughly enjoying his new line of work, and is growing so much. And not to mention how much happier our family is in this new endeavor!!
Sydney went from being part of the oldest, Rule the School, sixth graders at SS Elementary, to one of the youngest, newby, sixth graders at SS Middle School. She had a bit of a rough start since we all made our rounds with the swine flu just after moving, but she is really getting the hang of things now, and really enjoys the change. It amazes me how much she seems to be growing and maturing through this experience.
Stetson has done so well in school these past couple of years, since he had the "World's Greatest Teacher" instill such confidence in him. So, of course he is continuing to excel. And he has made some great new friends which makes all the difference when you move to a new town.
Sadie is also continuing to enjoy school, it has been a bit of an adjustment without her bestest friend in her class; but she loves to learn and is starting to read very well!!
McCrae is happy in our new home, he loves having all of his things out of storage so he can play with them; but he gets so bored when the other kids are all at school. He asks me all the time when we can sign him up for preschool, I'm thinking I better at least check into it because most days I just can't keep him entertained.
And, as if my excitement wasn't just jumping off the page as you are reading this, I must say how happy I am in our new place too!! I've been keeping myself so busy just trying to get the house set up, and decorating--doing all the things I LOVE!! I rarely leave the house, which is especially nice after all the time I spent in the van before moving down here. (I had to brag on facebook how I went a whole week with my low fuel light on.)
I hope to keep you all posted as far as our everyday happenings, but I still don't have a camera, so we'll see how it goes. I love reading about what you are all up to, so please keep blogging! Best wishes for a joyous Holiday Season!!

6 comments:

Jonie said...

I am so happy for you and your family, it sounds like a great fit for all of you. I hope you get a camera for Christmas and post a little more often.

tsroybal said...

I am so happy for you and your family. What kind of job does your hubby have? Have a very Merry Christmas.

Denette said...

Yea!! It is a great feeling to get settled in.

Me said...

Yeah for an update! I am glad to hear you guys are doing well, hope you have a Merry Christmas!

sharpest family said...

Well you'd mentioned that you'd moved on my wall on fb. I was hoping to get more info here, but alas, I'm still in suspense! So where are you at now? It sounds like a nice place wherever it is...I'm so jealous!

I love the pictures of you guys on the left side. The blue looks amazing with the blue water. Wow, that one of Sadie is especially stunning. She's grown so much since I've seen her last!

Kim said...

I am so glad your settled and hope you had a fantastic holiday in your new place!