Monday, January 4, 2010

Holiday Update

Well, here we are, four days into the New Year and I still haven't made any "real" goals for the coming year. I never seem to accomplish them when I do, so I just didn't figure there was any reason to keep making them!! But, yesterday in RS our lesson was on 'Resolutions', so I am feeling a bit guilted into making some goals. After much thought of all the things I need to improve on; physical, mental and spiritual, I've decided to just resolve to DO BETTER!!! So, hopefully I will be better at recording more of our day to day activities, even without pictures.

We had a wonderful Christmas and are always amazed at the many blessings the Lord sees fit to bless us with!! The kids all got what they wanted, SpOiLeD!! Sydney got a new violin so she can start lessons, Stetson got a Compound Bow, Sadie got a Baby that cries REAL tears, and McCrae got a City and train tracks to play with all of his cars. We got to spend time together, with family and friends....what more could we ask for!?!

On Saturday, Jan. 2nd, Sydney was invited to go sledding with some new friends in our ward here. I am such a pushover that I allowed her to go, even though she had tons of make-up homework she still needed to get done before school started again. They went to the greatest sledding hill around, took their maiden voyage down the hill, hit a bump and overturned the sled on top of them. Somehow in the midst of the flying snow, sled and people; Sydney ended up with a hurt arm. So, their sledding trip ended almost as quickly as it had begun and they turned around and brought Syd back home. We took one look at her arm and knew it needed to be looked at, so we headed to the Hospital for X-rays. Sure enough, it was broken, but not just a simple little break they could cast for us....it ended up being a Distal Radial fracture and its displaced, so we have to see an Orthopaedic Surgeon on Tuesday to get it reset and casted. Sounds like alot of fun, right!?!

Well, the kids are back to school and all is well with the world as we know it!! Hope all is well with the rest of you!!

4 comments:

Denette said...

Poor Sydney...and her friends. It is always crappy when something fun turns bad.

Tara said...

Oh that's terrible!!! So sad for her!!! I hope they can get her fixed up without too much pain and suffering!!! Glad you had a great Christmas!!! Can't wait to hear about this one hour bread!!!!

Staci J said...

Oh man!!! That's the worst! Good luck with everything, poor Syd:(

Candace said...

Poor Sydney! I hope it is not too much pain for her. I am glad you had a good Christmas. I love to spoil my kids at Christmas. It is too fun.