Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Well, well, well...as if a call into the Bishopric wasn't enough!!

I've read on a couple of other friend's blogs just this week about how they must have jinxed themselves, and I believe it must be true for myself as well. Shortly after settling into our new ward I was called in and asked to serve as an Activity Days Leader, and as I mentioned before, I was a little disappointed with the calling. I really wanted to be put in YW where I would be able to work with Sydney!! So, can you guess what's been added to my plate recently?

That's right!! I've been called to be the YW President!! I'm still a little shocked over this one...after all, the reason for reorganizing the YW presidency was because our Bishop's wife was the president, and I certainly didn't think they would be replacing her with the 1st Counselor's wife!! It's been a very spiritual roller coaster ride for me, realizing mostly how evident my Heavenly Father's hand is in my life...first of all, for directing us to this place where we truly belong, and secondly, for inspiring me with amazing sisters to serve with, to love and teach his beautiful daughters. We were sustained as a new presidency on Feb. 21 and was able to take part in New Beginnings on Feb. 28. The girls that took part in putting on the program are so full of the Spirit and have such strong testimonies, I couldn't help but be overcome with LOVE and JOY for them. I am so lucky and so blessed to be able to work with them!!

So, if any of you have any great advice to give, or fun activity ideas...please, send them my way!!

8 comments:

Me said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I love my calling in the YW presidency but am so thankful I'm not president, lol! You guys are going to be super busy but it will be lots of fun.

Denette said...

I just about fell off my chair! I love YW, but having a husband in the bishopric and you in YW would probably push me over the edge.....That is why it is you and not me. (See, the Lord knows what he is doing)

That would be a fun experience with a daughter in the program. I'll have to think back on some of the things we did and pass them along.

Tara Mc said...

I've been thinking about you quite a bit since you posted that on my blog. I'm thrilled for your new adventure. I really don't think that you need advice from me because what I would have told you is to just love them to death and it sounds like you already do. Have a great time in YW, they're still some of my very best memories.

Shera said...

I am so excited that you are the president. I know you are going to do so great. The girls are awesome!!

Lehigrams said...

Just relax and have fun. You will do great. That is the best calling in the world. Especially when your daughter is in there. I did with Tricia and Danelle. Don't know how they liked it, but I sure did.

Tara said...

I have tons of ideas for Sunbeam or Nursery teachers but I'm at a complete loss for Y.W. ideas. I haven't served in Y.W. since our first year of marriage...16 years ago!!! Congratulations on the new calling! You will be excellent at it like you are at EVERYTHING you do!!! What lucky girls!!!!

Tara Nelson said...

Shani,

Congratulations on your new adventure. I am so exciting for you and your family in these new adventures you are having. You are going to be amazing in this new calling with the Young Woman in your Ward.
I am looking forward to your future blogs.

Staci J said...

Young Womens has by far been my favorite calling. I learned soooo much, and really grew to love the girls a ton. You will be sooo great:) You and Matt are amazing, lots of blessings to come:)