In preparing ourselves for the Halloween Festivities we took a little trip to the local Pumpkin Patch for FHE one night. It was alot of fun, with a hayride through the field to gather our passel of pumpkins, then all of the kids got to try out the whirly-gig (a big hexagon thing they buckled them into and spun them around and around, upside-down).

The pumpkins were so content sitting on the steps of the front porch, but the kids couldn't stand to leave the poor faceless creatures alone. So we finally brought them in a few nights before Halloween and let the kids go crazy, while I was going crazy trying to make cookies for class Halloween parties and making Stetson's last minute costume idea.

Sydney is so creative and artistic, she carved a witches face in one for Sadie, and another one with a fun happy face.
Stetson and even Sadie did an amazing job of gutting the pumpkins, and had a little too much fun playing with the yucky goo.
McCrae wanted to help with the carving too, but since I wouldn't allow him to use a knife he made do with the scraping tool on one of my candles.
How silly of me to not have taken any pictures of the finished products, but at least we got them carved this year...it's actually been a few years since we have.
1 comments:
It was so good to hear from you! I'm slowly playing catch up on updating my own blog and so I never feel like I have the time to look at anyone else's. We definitely miss your family, especially since we would have been neighbors for the past year! I'm so glad that you are happy and that things are going well for you!
Post a Comment