Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Cox Family 2008

Merry CHRISTmas!!


Hello all! It has been a busy year for our family. We would like to wish you the best for the season and a very Merry CHRISTmas!!
Matt graduated from USU this spring with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. He is currently getting his application ready for graduate school at BYU in fall 2009. He is applying to the School of Social Work for a Master’s degree. He still works at Heritage Residential Treatment Center as a unit counselor. He is now currently looking for a job that will increase his experience in the field and pay a little better. It has been a long road but it has been very rewarding. He is currently in the Sunday school presidency and enjoys that calling.
Shantelle is still an at-home mom and loves being there for her kids. She has started a blog that can be found at www.cruisinwiththecoxes.blogspot.com . She tries to keep it updated with our latest happenings and loves reading others blogs too. She cuts hair for the neighbors and works one night a week at Heritage cutting the female clients’ hair. She still loves serving on the Enrichment Committee and now enjoys helping out with cub scouts each week. We celebrated our 13th anniversary this year by going to a movie and then some Christmas shopping. I know, pretty exciting!!
Sydney will be 11 in one month and has been doing excellent in school. Her teacher, Mr. Dias, has been a favorite of hers and she loves being in class. She continues with achievement days and fits dance in when she remembers to go. She is growing like a weed and we love her very much.
Stetson is 9 and is in cub scouts. He played tackle football during the summer and absolutely loved it. He is a great athlete. He also played baseball and soccer. He was baptized on his birthday and is trying to follow Jesus.
Sadie is 5 and she is in pre-school with Mrs. Linda again. She keeps learning sign and is beginning to read. We are very proud of her. She is also in dance and loves playing with her neighborhood friends Brooklyn, Asia and Cosette.
McCrae is 3 and loves to be with mom each day. He watches and follows the example of this brother and sisters. He loves cars and animals. He really likes the movie Cars and was able to potty-train this year so he could get lightning underwear.
All is well with us and we hope this letter finds all well with you too. We have been blessed in so many ways. May the love of the Savior bring peace and solace to you through this next year’s trials and triumphs.

4 comments:

Bassett family said...

I'm so happy that you're back up and running. The holiday time is so busy that I do the opposite of you- I just post quick and don't get a chance to read other people's blogs. Are you guys still in that house? What's going on with Matt's job hunting? You can just e-mail me if you want to. So glad you had a great Christmas!

Tara Mc said...

So sorry, I was logged in on my family site name.I'm just me, not a crazy stalker!(Did I spell that right? It looks funny :)

The South Pasadena Dornys said...

Merry Christmas Cox Family!!!!

sharpest family said...

I love your family photo in front of the temple. I'm glad you had a good Christmas.