Saturday, December 27, 2008

Good Things Utah!!

Last Monday, being the first day of Christmas break, my mom and sister were out of school (no work). So we had requested tickets to be part of the studio audience for Good Things Utah. All my family came up Sunday night to spend the night at our house so we could get into SLC in time, and boy did we have a full house. In addition to our family of six were four more adults and five additional children, we filled every bed and threw beds down on the floor for the kids...it was a riot! Then Monday morning us girls headed to Salt Lake leaving my poor brother in charge of the nine kids--he's such a good sport:) Thanks Cody!!
It was just starting to snow when we were getting ready to leave the house, so we made sure to go early and give ourselves the time we would need. We had such a great time, we wanted to try and go again on the 30th before school starts up again, but we didn't get our request in for tickets.
My Mom(Peggy), ME, my sister(Racquel), my mother-in-law(Claudia), my sister-in-law (Heather)
Here we are with the GTU girls; Nicea Degering, Angie Larsen, and Christiana Brady.
We all were a little sad that Reagan Leadbetter was stuck in CA and was not able to make it home for the show that day, but we still had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it...it definitely went too quickly.
After the show we headed to Gardner's Village for lunch at Archibald's, YUM!! Then as we headed home we were surprised at the amount of snow that had fallen while we were out playing. There wasn't nearly as much snowfall in the Salt Lake valley as there was further south. When we got back to my house at about 1:00 that afternoon we had gotten about 8 inches of new snow and my sister couldn't even pull in my driveway. Her van decided to just park itself in the middle of the road in front of my house, once again--Thanks Cody for digging us out!!



7 comments:

Tara said...

That sounds like so much fun! Sometimes you just need those girls day out times! What fun pictures too! Fun memories!

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tsroybal said...

That sounds like fun. I love Good Things Utah.

Tara said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like a blast!

Denette said...

I'm impressed with Cody. My husband nor brother would have done that.

Nicholes said...

That sounds like so much fun, I watch their show when I have time. Lately not much time, Oh ya Shani my store is in my basement of my house.. Your family is so adorable. I didn't realize you had 4 kids. I think I am losing it Sorry. Cute kids though...

Jonie said...

A couple of years ago I went for my birthday and Nicea and Reagan were gone. Both of which I totally love. We still had a good time and I thought it was interesting how the set worked,