Sunday afternoon Matt & I took the kids down to Springville for the Spring Salon Art Exhibit. We were going in support of Matt's cousin Alyssa who had one of her paintings accepted into the show. On our way there Stetson, Sadie, and McCrae all fell asleep so upon arriving we asked Sydney if she would please just wait out with the sleeping kids while we ran in to find Todd, Danelle & the kids (Matt's sister and family) and check out Alyssa's painting. Well, all did not go as planned--we had been in the museum for only about ten minutes before Matt's dad was calling Todd's cell phone to tell us Sydney was axiously waiting for us out in the van. So I went out to the van to sit with the kids; I had made up my mind that I was not even going to try to wake them up and fight them all through the museum--so I sat there for about forty-five minutes waiting for Matt & Sydney to come back out. By the time they made it back out I was just a little bit upset and I was not about to go back in by myself to try and find Alyssa'a paintings amongst the thousands of others that were there. (Yes, I was being very stubborn and hard-headed, not to mention ornery; I know that just doesn't even sound like me...haha!)
Well, with a little persuasion I did go back into the Museum with Sydney, and then Matt and the rest of the kids soon followed. I was surprisingly drawn to the whole Art thing; it's something I've never really had much opportunity to take part in and I assumed it just wasn't for me, but I was wrong. We wandered about looking at all the amazing works of art for at least another hour, and the kids did surprisingly well. I believe it is something I shall like to do again someday.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Expanding Horizons
Posted by Shani at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment