Well, better late than never, right?! I have been meaning to share the fun we had at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens last Tuesday, but I always get sidetracked. So, anyway, I wasn't about to let this opportunity pass us by and after Matt got home from work and Sydney got home from Activity Days we loaded up and headed out. We've always enjoyed visiting the gardens, the kids especially love Noah's Ark and the maze, but this time was definitely the best time we've had so far (even if we did end up with an injury....more info will follow). I think the reason it was so much more fun this time was because everyone was able to run around on their own, no baby or toddler in a stroller or wanting to be carried after just a short distance of walking. We started at the entrance to the Children's Garden and played in the water for a little bit, then a quick run through the mazes, after which we (meaning the kids and I) crawled all through the tunnels into the bear cave; what can I say, I like to play and have fun as much as they do. Then after we wandered through the rest of the Children's Gardens we went into the Adult Gardens with the Amphitheater and waterfalls being the main draw for the kids. Matt and I sat on a bench at the top of the amphitheater watching the kids run like crazy all over the place, but I couldn't sit still for too long; I just had to put that long grassy hill to the test. So, regardless of the fact that the last time I rolled down a hill was when I was about six weeks pregnant with Stetson and felt nauseous for three days after, I plopped myself down and started to roll. After I got about half way down the hill I was so dizzy and my head seemed to be spinning out of control; all I was able to make out of the confusion was Stetson staggering up the hill toward me crying. So, as I'm trying to focus in on him the first thing I noticed was that one side of his chin was about twice the size of the other. He had been playing and dancing around on the stage at the bottom of the amphitheater and fell, smacking his chin right on the cement; he got an instant goosebump about the size of a small grape just on the right side of his chin. He was so embarassed and thought everyone was going to notice it and be staring at him, but we convinced him it wasn't that noticable and continued through the gardens. This was actually the first time we've been able to go beyond the waterfall portion of the adult gardens and I was so amazed at all of the glorious beauty that surrounded me there. It was just unreal, I can't even explain it. Although I loved the whole experience, my favorite part was definitely 'The Secret Garden'. I look forward to visiting The Gardens again, soon I hope; but for next week I think we'll try and visit the Museum of Ancient Life.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
$2 Tuesdays @ Thanksgiving Point
The above picture is of the rose gardens and the beautiful trellis that encircled them.
Posted by Shani at 11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I didn't know they had all that at Thanksgiving point. I was just there in July and didn't take advantage of that. You guys are always doing fun things. I will have to call you before we come out next year and schedule all these fun things to do. hahaha.
Oh, I am glad Stetson is okay too.
Post a Comment