Last night we had scheduled a little get together for a bunch of the girls in my ward. We were going to have everyone come to my house for a casual dinner get-together and bring their favorite salad or dessert, etc. All in honor of Bonnie Sharp, one of the nicest girls you could ever meet, because she is moving out of our ward this weekend ;( Boo-hoo!! My assignment was to make the infamous Chicken Salad that I had made for our R.S. B-day Party in March. It's got to be the best chicken salad ever and I promised I would post the recipe on here for anyone that wanted it; so here it is:

3 to 4 chicken breasts, chopped
3 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped onion
2 lrg. cans pineapple tidbits, drained
3 c. grapes (optional)
1 can cashews, halves and pieces
3 c. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Mix dressing and combine with all other ingredients. Salt and Pepper to taste.
As nice as it was to get together we didn't have near as many of the girls come as what we had hoped for. With everyones busy schedules and all it's just so hard to juggle everything. But the biggest damper on our party was the reality of a tragic accident that happened in our neighborhood that morning. 4 year old Cooper M. was hit by an under-aged driver while crossing the street on his bike Thursday morning. For those who were not directly involved with the family found it more fitting to be at home holding onto their own children for dear life. What a sad and tragic thing to have happen; our hearts and prayers go out to both families struggling to understand and cope with what has come to pass.




9 comments:
I love your blog! The pictures on the old car are awesome!:) I was sad that I couldn't make it to GNO, but we did have a blast at Lagoon. We were having so much fun that we stayed a little later than we planned. I will have to make the next one. Thanks for the recipe...I was one of those who requested it. Yum!
I'm excited for Stetson! I hope his new teacher helps him love school for his sake as well as for yours! I'm going to have to try that chicken salad. I'm sorry to hear about that little boy being hit. How sad!
I love GNO, sorry that yours wasn't perfect. Thanks for an official recipe, we never have followed one before-a little of this-a little of that. So, I guess I'm nosey but is the little boy okay? Did you know the driver as well?
Tara,
I didn't know Cooper or the young man that hit him personally (they live in the ward next to us), but Cooper's mom is our Stake Young Women's Pres. Unfortunately he is not okay, he died shortly after the accident. It is such a tragic thing to have happen, especially when it hits so close to home!
It was so fun to get together, and I'm excited for that yummy recipe!! Looking forward for more to come...
Shan, you have so much fun! I wish I could live by you so I could join in. I miss having such an awesome friend like you near. I guess we will always have those short summer visits. Guess what? We found out today that we are having a boy! After the boo-hoo's and what nows, I went to the mall and bought some adorable boy outfits. Im feeling much better! haha
I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that blogs late at night! I would love to have you guys come to Lagoon with us. How fun would that be?:) Matt and I enjoy your friendship and have loved getting to know you. Now I am off to bed. Talk to you soon!
Shani- Thanks for educating me on my blog and for the fun recipe. I am so excited to try it.
Hey, thanks for the sweet tribute to me. You're awesome. Thanks again for having the get-together for me. It really meant a LOT to me...I don't think you even know how much so thanks again. I made the recipe last night. Yum, yum! I was hoping you would post or email me the pasta/grape/chicken recipe as well? I know it's a pain sorry but it's just so yummy I can't live without it now! :)
Let me know of any other upcoming GNO's. I'd love to come if it's ok. Thanks for being my friend.
Take care,
Bonnie
Post a Comment