Thursday, August 28, 2008

Potty Trained!!

WOW!! It has happened and I'm not really sure how it came to be. I think it all started when my friend Ilene gave me a package of pull-ups (which she got for free but didn't really need since her baby's only 1). Then we went to spend a day with my mom and sister in Park City and Nana was very encouraging. That's about all it took to get the ball rolling, and with just a little bit of perseverance and patience, McCrae is now a very BIG boy!

Like we did with all of our kids, McCrae was promised a special prize when we felt like the training period was done; so Friday night we were at Wal-Mart and picked up a new Lightning McQueen movie (since McCrae broke our first one). I think we've watched it at least three times a day since, which would make about 18 times in the last six days...but we love it!!
I'm so proud of McCrae for basically making this BIG step on his own, he was definitely ready because I had very little to do with it. Yeah, no more diapers at our house!!

10 comments:

Tara said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! I can't wait for Max to be potty trained. He shows some interest but he just doesn't "get" it yet. You are so lucky!

Kim Jones said...

okay, Mrs. Perfect mom! You are just trying to kill me, aren't you?!?! McCrae looks great in his new duds too! Way to go bud! Weston will just have to wear a pull up to kindergarten, because I give up. :-)

Me said...

Yeah for McCrae! We are working on it with Kadee. She does really good with #1 but still has issues with #2. I am so excited for you guys, especially McCrae!

Tara said...

No Diapers - Yeah! That's worth watching Lightning McQeen every day! I can't wait for my little guy to get there (we still have a year or two!)
Tara

PJ and Me said...

Congrats to McCrae!!! Yeah!!!

Staci J said...

Yay!!! Potty-trained is the best milestone ever! No more diapers... Now with 2 in diapers I'm really anxious to get Cruz going. Anyway, thanks for your sweet comments, having a new baby brings a special spirit, but it's an adjustment too!! Any tips from the super mom would be greatly appreciated:)

Tara Mc said...

Oh I remember this being one of the happiest mom days I've ever had. I'm so excited for this milestone in your motherhood. You and Matt should go celebrate!!

Heather White said...

Oh my GOSH I am so excited for CraeCrae. I guess we can't call him that anymore. Since he is a BIG BOY! Yipee for you. Give him a special hug to everyone. WE MISS YOU. Love you Heather

Trista said...

YAY Good Job Crae! Aidan is working on it I really think he is just testing me but we are still trying. Crae looks so handsome!

Tara said...

Hi! I'm sorry you didn't stop on Friday! Brian had Fridays off for the summer but started having to work them again today. I would love to have seen you! We'll have to get together some time soon! Take care!