Monday, September 8, 2008

Our 'little house on the prarie'....



Last weekend found us in Wellington cleaning up the mess left by our previous renters. The outside of our little home was hardly visible through the 4-5 feet tall weeds and trees growing up in the ditch bank along the front of the house, and inside hadn't been cleaned for awhile. There was dog hair matted down in the carpet of the one bedroom where the dog must've slept under a bed and the carpet in the living room was just black where the guy obviously came home from working in the coal mine and didn't bother to take his coal boots off outside (or in the back room for that matter). It just disgusts me to see the lack of care and respect shown by these people while they were living in MY Home.
It was kind of fun to spend a little bit of time in our little old house again. The kids enjoyed running wild on our 3 acres of 'weeds' and seeing our old neighbor with her 3 goats, dogs, cats, chickens, and so on. While we were there our cat Skittles made an appearance, so we decided it would probably be best to just bring her home with us. Since she wouldn't stay at my mom's when we tried to move her over there and has basically been on her own for this past year, we couldn't bare to leave her again. So now she is in hiding behind our washer and dryer, hopefully she'll get used to us again and warm up to being in a new home.
We have alot of great memories from that cute little house, and I didn't get to do any of the major renovations I had in mind for it but I know it will make a nice place for another young family. It would be so great if the young family meant to enjoy all our little house has to offer would find it real soon!

5 comments:

Me said...

We love your little house on the prairie and wish you still lived there! No, we are glad you are so happy in Saratoga Springs, we just miss you down here. It is so frusterating when people don't take care of things, especially when you are left picking up the pieces. Good luck! I hope it sells soon!

Tara said...

That makes me so sad! You made that little house so cute with all your fun little touches and it is so sad that people would treat it that way! I hope it sells soon, too to some really great people who will love it and take good care of it!

sharpest family said...

What a cute little house!
Hey, I know you're a fellow blog-stalker so if you haven't already, check out www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com
It's best if read from the beginning (makes more sense that way) but that could take days. She's hilarious. Let me know what you think. I found it while stalking and laughed my hiney off!
Bonnie

Tara Mc said...

I also have a lot of memories of your little house. I remember you moving in and trying to paint all the walls. I think you were pregnant with Stetson too, yes? I remember the week that Matt was out of town so we ordered LOTS of new cute things for your house :) Lots of dinners there and scrapbooking around the little table in the kitchen and many more. (I even remember you getting Skittles.)Thanks so much for your friendship and all the good memories we wouldn't have had in Wellington without you.

Kim Jones said...

That is so sad about your adorable little home! People just don't care about other people's things anymore. I sure hope it sells for you soon. I remember that you gave Britni her first haircut on your little table in the kitchen when she was 2. Now she is turning 9 next week! Just remember that home is wherever your family is!