Well, school has been back in session for a week now. I still can't figure out why the school district would want the first week of school to be a full week long, but the kids have handled it very well. We only missed the bus once and that was because the alarm didn't get turned on; I woke up at 7:40, five minutes after the bus picks the kids up but we got them up to the school by 8:02, only 2 minutes after the bell. After having the kids on B Track last year they decided they wanted A Track this year. I wasn't too sure about that plan because we never made it to school on time in Wellington when they had to be there at 7:40, and they had their fair share of tardies last year when starting time was 9:15. But, so far they've done very well and I'm proud of them. I just hope it continues, there is nothing worse than fighting your kids every morning to get ready for school, it's just a bad start for the day!
We are very happy and excited about our teachers this year. Sydney got Mr. Dias, just who she was hoping for. I never really have to worry too much about her, she enjoys school and excels wherever she is. Stetson on the other hand doesn't have the same attitude about learning; he needs a teacher that makes learning FUN! When we went to check the list two weeks ago we found his name on Miss Durfee's class list, not the teacher he was wanting. So we had a major meltdown and threats of not going to school, but we didn't know anything about this teacher and I was doing all I could to talk her up and change his attitude. Then last Wednesday, the night before the Back to School Open House we had a knock on our door. Matt was wearing Stetson's Optimus Prime helmet with voice changer, and thinking it was one of the neighbor kids went to answer the door. It happened to be Mr. Goodman, who was completely speechless having been greeted by Optimus Prime; he had come to inform us that some changes had been made to the class lists and Stetson would actually be in his class rather than Miss Durfee's (Note: He is the best 3rd grade teacher at Saratoga Shores and my first pick for Stetson). I was ecstatic, I started jumping up and down, and I'm sure at that point Mr. Goodman thought we were all a bunch of lunatics; needless to say we are very happy about the change!
Sadie will be going to preschool there again as well, she starts next week but asks everyday if she gets to go TODAY! It should be a great year and I told Matt we just can't move!!





3 comments:
I would have loved to see the helmet and voice changer on Matt! That's great! too bad you weren't all dressed up too...sounds like the fun never ends at your house!
Tara
Godd luck this year in school Cox kids!
What a beautiful school, I would have loved to see the teachers face when Matt opened the door. You should have got a picture of Matt in his garb.
Post a Comment