Okay, so I'm a little late but I have had so many other things keeping me busy. Here's my dear, sweet, and very GOOFY husband. I wanted to wish him a very happy birthday and tell the rest of the world how wonderful he is. Since I am a couple days late posting this I can tell you he did have an enjoyable day--we went up American Fork canyon with his Mom, Dad, and sister Danelle's family for a picnic. We all roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and Matt fulfilled his birthday wish by swimming in the freezing cold river to catch his fish.
The above picture was taken on Father's Day when he and the kids were trying to see how many grapes they could stuff in their mouths; I'm not going to tell how many Matt got in his mouth, let's see how close you all can guess....leave a comment with your guess and at the end of the week I'll reveal the winning number!
So, here are the top ten reasons why I love my Hubby sooooo much:)
(In no particular order.)
1. He is such a hard worker and so willing to do what he can to support our family. With all the extra effort he has put into his education in order to better provide for us he has continued to work full time through it all.
2. He continues to love me through all my faults; when I screw up the check book and leave us destitute, when I get frustrated and angry about stupid little things, and when I become lazy or easily distracted from the things I should be doing.
3. He is an awesome Dad and excellent teacher to our kids. They look up to him and respect him like the Super Hero we all believe he is.
4. He is so smart, he seems to know all the right answers.
5. He is my Big cuddly, teddy bear. There is nothing better than climbing into bed at night and snuggling up next to him. I love the safety and security I feel with his strong arms wrapped around me.
6. He also has a wonderful imagination, the kids love to have him tell stories that he just makes up on the spot.
7. He is my perfect match in so many ways; he loves to work out in the yard and I prefer to work in the house, he likes to save and I like to spend, he likes to talk and I am more quiet. We balance eachother out and complement eachother perfectly!
8. He is very self-giving. He helps me all the time and he is the first to volunteer whenever he knows of someone else in need.
9. He's always willing to share in my excitement about hopes and dreams; rather than bringing me back to reality he'll go along with my impracticalitites and then he' s always there to catch me when I fall off the 'Dream Boat'.
10. He believes in me and encourages me to do my best. He's also a great example to me in his desire to be more Christ-like.
Matt, I love you so much. I am so lucky to have you in my life, not only as my best friend but as my eternal companion. You make me so happy, and proud to be your wife.





6 comments:
Happy Birthday Matt! I'm glad you had a great day. And, why in the world would you want to purposefully wade into an icy river is beyond me. My guess on the grapes is 13. (That's not to say you have a big mouth :)
Awe, that is so sweet. my guess is 11.
You guys are amazing! My guess is 15. I used to be able to fit a whole slice of pizza in my mouth so 15 grapes sounds about right.
what kinda blog doesn't have a little box on the side where people who you haven't spoken to since high school but stumple upon your blogs address at classmates.com can say hi, without having to comment to a post that is clearly not intended for folks you may or may not remember.
Anyway, Happy Brithday, to Matt who is not the person I went to highschool, or at least not the one whose profile i looked at on classmates becuase it was new.
I also go with 15 grapes because how can you argue against the 15 grapes equates to one slice of pizza.
Also this is Jerry DuBois, and howdy, unless you don't remember me. well still howdy, but that is all in that case.
Jerry, how could I forget you?! You always had everyone laughing, you were so much fun to be around. I'm so glad you left a comment for me--it's good to see I'm not the only nut case checking people out on classmates.com
Take care and keep in touch!
Shani... you don't know me, I stumbled on your blog through Millardhighallumbi.ning.com on Matt's page. We went to grade school together before he moved from Fillmore. I just wanted to let you know how beautifully you expressed your feelings and love for him. It is great that he is such an awesome husband and father and it sounds like it goes both ways. Thanks for sharing.
-Shanna McVey Harper (I married Ben Harper from Flowell. I don't know if he'd remember either of us... and if he does, they are good memories).
16 grapes because I like to think big!
Post a Comment