Monday, October 13, 2008

End of Season Team Party

Saturday was Stetson's last football game of the season, and he went out with a BANG! In the first few minutes of the game, the second play to be exact, Stetson was given the ball and, escaping the grasp of the Vikings teammates, ran a touchdown from the fifty yard line. It was so awesome--what a way to start the game! I could've ran right down the center of the field with him had I not stopped to think about what the referee's would say to it. I wish I would've thought to take the camera (which we are using for the time being since we haven't had any calls to claim it), he had the biggest grin and you could just see the pride he felt! I absolutely loved it, and was just as proud.

Seriously, putting all prejudice aside, Stetson was one of the strongest players on the team; even after starting two or three weeks into the season. I was always hearing comments from the coach's wife and the team mom that they just need to give Stetson the ball. He was the best runner, punter and hardest tackler. What can I say...he's just AWESOME!!



Above is a picture of Stetson with his coaches after receiving his trophy and treats. We had the Legacy Center swimming pool reserved for our team party and the kids had a blast. Following is a picture of Stetson with his friends Blake and Payton, just being goofy.



Sadie was pretty happy too, thinking we were there to celebrate her birthday. Here she is with her best friends Brooklyn and Asia.



Matt and McCrae lazing in the kiddie pool.



Sydney, just chillin'!

4 comments:

Tara Mc said...

It was so fun to watch Stetson play football-even if we didn't get to stay the whole game. Cody came home and changed what he wanted to be this year for halloween- a football player, just like that cool kid. What was his name again mom? Did you know that you can no longer buy pads with a uniform? So we had to borrow one.
Anyway, love the pictures. Maybe this is God's way of saying "Shani, you need a camera:)"

Me said...

I love your Fall background, it is so cute. Thanks for the great idea for Connor's room. I'm going to see if I can convince Rory to hang up more bead board for me. Looks like you guys had a great time swimming. Sounds like Stetson had a great time, I love watching kids sports, they are the best.

Debbie said...

How fun! I cannot wait until my little ones are old enough for sports. I would be right there with you wanting to run down on the field! Good job Stetson!
Deb

Lisa Erskine said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! Stetson is a little stud athlete! If Jason coaches anything else...we'll definitely let you know...we want Stetson on our team! By the way, we still have his baseball award! :)