Friday, October 31, 2008

SMASH--the Scary, Hairy Monster!!

**Disclaimer: I debated on whether or not to publish this post because it may gross a few of you out, but I just couldn't resist. So, anyone with a weak stomach who may be reading this, just don't read the last paragraph and you should be just fine!

Meet my monster, Smash
When I look at my Monster, I see a square head, a round body, three sharp claws, and four wheels for his feet.
When I hear my monster, it sounds like screeching wheels, and scary growling.
If you were to taste my monster, it would be like drinking curdled milk and sucking on a rusty nail.
My monster Smash smells like a big old sweaty dog.
If you were to touch my monster, it would feel like cold, hairy metal.

**Stetson, had an assignment for school to make a monster, write up a description of said monster, and draw a map of his monster's neighborhood. He had a lot of fun designing and bringing his monster Smash to life. When we were writing the description for his monster he wanted it to feel hairy, so I asked him how we were supposed to make him hairy. Then the thought came to me for Stetson to go ask his dad (just to be funny!) if we could shave his back for the monster. Matt, of course was more than willing to oblige, and I was stuck with this crazy little idea of mine actually coming to fruition. So we went forward with the shaving of Matt's back, and he thought he was going to be funny and have a big patch of hair off his chest as well, against my advice. Smash turned out to be a pretty cute and hairy little monster. Meanwhile, Matt has been dying from the itch of a freshly shaved chest (not so much back, just chest); hence my advice on not shaving the chest! Anyway, I thought about posting pictures of the shaving but worried that might be a little too gory! You know, body hair just seems so...gross. EEWWWW!!

4 comments:

Hayden Heninger said...

Hey, it just goes to show what parents will go through for their kids! Stetson will only appreciate Matt's sacrifice when he is a man himself. Too funny!

Hayden Heninger said...

Oops, that was really left by Ilene, I guess I am logged on at Hayden's blog.

Tara said...

HAHAHA! Okay - that is creepy gross! You guys crack me up! What a dad -giving it up for his kids. Hope the itch only lasts a short time! That story had to be told and recorded for sure! I bet your kids never forget it!!
Tara

Tara Mc said...

Ya know how a picture is worth a thousand words? This one is worth a million when you add the text with it. I guess creativity runs in the family! Ha Ha