Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween is always a fun time for kids and I've always tried to make it a priority to have the best costumes for my kids. This usually involves alot of money spent on fabric and patterns for costumes I get to stress over for a couple of days anyway, and I don't think I've had a full nights sleep on the night prior to Halloween for a good six years, at least. Well, this year we are so lucky to live in a ward and neighborhood that is the best in all the world! One of our Enrichment Meetings in September included a Costume Exchange, so that all those costumes we keep in storage could get a little more use out of them. So, all of our Halloween expenses came to a whopping $5 for a shirt we got from DI for Stetson's costume, and I didn't even have to break out the sewing machine. HOORAY!!


Sydney made a very lovely Geisha Girl, and got to use the pretty Oriental Umbrella she got from the State Fair.


Stetson finally decided on the Phantom of the Opera for his costume two days before the big day, and it turned out to be very cool!


Sadie got the cutest Lady Bug tutu and accessories from her aunt Racquel for her Birthday, which goes perfect with our little Sadie-Bug!


McCrae kept telling me the week prior to Halloween that he was going to be a golf guy, but I just wasn't up to making knickers for him and didn't know exactly how else to pull that one off. We had borrowed a Spiderman costume from a friend for him, but when we were trying to get everyone else ready for the big day he went down to the dress up box in the playroom and brought up our very old Superman costume, this picture was taken before I fashioned a cape for him using some of Sydney's red athletic shorts, which actually topped off his costume quite nicely.


Matt got his costume from our Stake Clothing Exchange back in July, he thought it was the greatest. He loved lounging in this gown around the house, and actually wore it to the pool as a cover up one time...that is when I kinda misplaced it after washing. But, after much searching, I finally found it in the 'junk' room with a few other DI items. I'm so glad I did, it turned out to be a great costume for him.


Everyone else was all dressed up and ready to go, and I was feeling a little left out with no costume, so I ran to my closet and dug out my red gingham shirt, denim overalls, put my hair in pig-tails, threw on one of the kids' dress-up hats, and drew on a few freckles...voila, Ellie Mae!


Here we are at the end of our Trick-or Treating adventures at Grammy and Papa's house, McCrae had had it and will not cooperate for the picture...notice he is now wearing the Spiderman costume. What a fun filled day!


And this sweet picture of Sadie-Bug sums it all up. This is how we all felt after our Halloween shenanigans.

10 comments:

Ashtyn said...

Loved all your costumes. You guys are always so fun.

The Slider Family said...

You guys looked great! It was so fun to see you in the neighborhood last night.

Tara said...

TOO CUTE - little Sadie stole the show! What a doll! Glad to see the whole family in costumes - way to go!!!! Glad you aren't one of the boring moms!!!
Tara

Petersen Kids said...

The costumes look great! Stetson is such a cute kid, he like poses for the picture and everything! That picture of Matt is hilarious. Looks like a fun halloween!

Tara said...

So cute! What a great idea-a costume exchange! I love it! What fun costumes! They are all adorable! That Sadie! She is the cutest little girl! How fun!!!

Denette said...

Hey Tara, I read that. I think I am one of the boring mom's.

Your kids and family are cute. Your kids will remember that you enjoyed this holiday WITH them. I just don't have it in me I guess.

Loved that your husband wore that as a cover-up at the pool. That is great.

Jonie said...

The costumes are great! I love the idea of a costume exchange.

PJ and Me said...

Love the costumes, you all look great and looks like you had a great time.

Tara Mc said...

How creative you are. Still!! I remember all those years that you had the best costumes. And all the times you sewed all night. What a mom!

Kim said...

I love the costumes! Halloween is so much fun. I remember hitting your neighborhood in Wellington, it was such a big deal!

Kim